Saturday, September 29, 2012

Chapter 2: #1

I believe that picking a career is one of the biggest decisions one can make in their life, therefore it is important that we understand what our strengths and weaknesses are. I am a biology major and I plan to get into biotechnology. With that in mind, I believe that my strength is problem solving.  I am able to quickly understand and fix any problems that I may bump into. I never expect things to go as planned, so when something does go wrong I am good at dissecting every step taken and finding the one problem.  I believe this can help me because in a lab, there is a lot of trial and error needed. Labs require a lot of patients and trying to figure out what went wrong in order to get the results desired. With my problem solving abilities, I hope to be able to succeed as a biotechnologist.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you that it is important to understand what our strengths and weaknesses are. In that way, we can make good use of our strengths and minimize our weaknesses. Problem solving can absolutely help a lot in many different careers especially you are in biology major. Even though I am not as the same major as you, I know that there will be more and more labs to do in that major. I am glad that you have well understanding of what your strengths are so that you can apply well while you face any unexpected results in your labs. I believe you will be a successful biotechnologist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely know what you're talking about. I was previously a computer science major and whenever one of our programs didn't work and failed when we tested it, there would be one little problem. The problem may have been that we forgot to put a "." or maybe a "," which was very frustrating, but it helped me to look at every aspect of the problem. When you are forced to find the problem with something, it is necessary to look at each part and find the one outlier and eliminate it. I also hope that you are able to make it as a biotechnologist and the skill of problem solving will definitely help you to succeed.

    ReplyDelete