Sunday, November 18, 2012

Chapter 12 #3

This chapter was entitled science, and that was enough to catch my attention. This chapter quickly became one of my favorites, as I felt like it related to me in various ways. As a biology major, the stuff in this chapter is pretty much what I plan to do with my life; Testing and proving hypothesis using data and observations. A constant topic I have had to learn throughout college was the Scientific method and its steps. Identifying the problem, forming a hypothesis, researching, testing the hypothesis, and evaluating the hypothesis based on these steps has become something I have grown accustomed to in the Sciences. This chapter opened my eyes even more to see how much this can apply to everything, and not only science classes. We can use the scientific method to now only prove how or why things are, but to also grow an understanding of others. The gist of the scientific method is to pretty much not only rely on observations, but also to try to gather solid proof to form a valid hypothesis.

1 comment:

  1. I also have a feeling that this chapter is tightly related to our lives. Science is all about testing and proving as you say. We need to make a conclusion about the thing based on the observations and evidences. Even though I am not major in science but business, this chapter lightens up my interest in science. I change my mind that science is only about biology, chemistry, and physic. I learn that it can also link to my life. For example, we should not judge a person by his/her first look. We should at least try to be friendly and try to know and be understanding.

    ReplyDelete