Saturday, November 17, 2012

Chapter 23 # 2

A time in which I drew a wrong conclusion based on observation alone was actually a couple weeks ago. Although I try my best not to, I do tend to judge people sometimes. Most people do, but for the most part everyone knows that they should not, it really is just one of those things that is within our nature. But I drew a wrong conclusion about a person, based on the way I saw him interact with others as well as on social networks. The way he seemed to act was always stuck up, "too cool," and full of himself. I drew this conclusion based on seeing him at a party, and one other time when he was hanging out with some of my friends. After seeing the way he acted, I grew sort of an impression, although I had not met him. Eventually, I did formally meet him and he is a very humble guy. Using scientific knowledge, we must try to prove or disprove our premises based on experience rather than observation.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I agree with you that judging people is kind of human nature. People judge other people before meeting them all the time. There is that saying don't judge a book by its cover but people tend to do it anyway. Sometimes it's done unconsciously. Some people wouldn't even think their assumptions are really assumptions. I try not to judge people by their appearance anymore because of work. Sometimes people come in and they look scary but they are actually very friendly people or a time where someone was mean to me once but the next time that person comes, they are actually really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Avatar Aang,
    As a first time poster to your comments i just have to note that your blogger name is quite cool, i followed the show avatar for quite a few years. Anyway, i agree with you when you say most people judge sometimes because i for one for sure do. I think it is in the human nature for someone to judge another person even if it is wrong. it is hard not to judge someone based on there appearance because usually when someone dresses like a gangster or a thug you would assume they are dangerous but many time i have been wrong.
    -Mike Ross

    ReplyDelete